2007 BodrumForum.Net
       Personal CP

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Jobs - Gumbet, Looking for 6 week summer job out there!
iheartgumbet
post Apr 6 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 790
Country

Hey,
My friend and I are looking to work out in Gumbet during our summer break from university. Its roughly six weeks from 24th July until early September. Mainly looking for Bar type work but any ideas will be welcome. Accommodation included would be a bonus but not essential we could sort that ourselves. Obviously we would only really like to hear from people who would do it officially as we are aware we need to apply for a temporary work permit.
Any help anyone could give us would be great. We are both female aged 22 and from England smile.gif
hope to hear from someone soon.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jakkigers
post Apr 7 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I very much doubt that you will get any legal work in Gumbet for the summer. It's very difficult to get a work permit over there - and if you work without one and get caught, not only will you get sent back to the UK but will also be banned from returning to Turkey (and this could be for five years). Please don't be tempted to do it - it's just not worth it.

Jak xx

+Quote Post

Adryath
post Apr 8 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20
Country

I'm afraid Jakki is right, you wont be able to get legal work in Turkey in a bar or anything. It isn't like going to an EU country where you can work without a permit and you wont find any empployer willing to get you a permit as they cost a lot of money. You will easily find illegal offers of work but very often they wont pay you very much and sometimes they just wont pay at all and there is nothing you can do about it if you are working illegally. Also you will probably get reported for doing it and could face deportation from Turkey.

The best thing to do is work hard and save as much as you can and have a holiday for 6 weeks if you can afford it. It just isn't worth the risk of working.

+Quote Post

Garfield
post May 17 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 762
Country

QUOTE(Adryath @ Apr 8 2010, 10:26 AM) *
I'm afraid Jakki is right, you wont be able to get legal work in Turkey in a bar or anything. It isn't like going to an EU country where you can work without a permit and you wont find any empployer willing to get you a permit as they cost a lot of money. You will easily find illegal offers of work but very often they wont pay you very much and sometimes they just wont pay at all and there is nothing you can do about it if you are working illegally. Also you will probably get reported for doing it and could face deportation from Turkey.

The best thing to do is work hard and save as much as you can and have a holiday for 6 weeks if you can afford it. It just isn't worth the risk of working.

+Quote Post

Garfield
post May 17 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 762
Country

Why anyone would want to actually come and wortk I really don't know!You work more hours in one week than you would a whole month in the UK.You get the shittiest of jobs,the shittiest of money and have to eat a lot of shit too!There is no guarantee you will actually receive any of the promised pittance either.At the end of the week/month when you don't get your money.....who are you going to complain to?The police?The council?I don't think so bud.You are ILLEGAL,they can do anything they want and you can do nothing.
Any decent boss(i.e one who would maybe treat you fairly)would not consider employing an illegal worker because they also run the risk of high fines
in additon to those you would recieve and are usually well enough educated to understand the need for a better regulated and controlled system.
In short,save your dosh and just come and have a great holiday and leave the work to the hard working boys who actually need the work and the money.Believe me you would not put up with even 1% of what they have to day in day out!

+Quote Post

seker2010
post Aug 14 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 863
Country

I worked out in Turkey for 4 years (on and off) initially I worked without a permit - dodging police every day, it wasnt something I would ever tell anyone to do. I then married and had my kimlik card which enables you to work in Turkey indefinitely so I was ok. However, I worked very long hours, 7 days a week, sometimes I got paid, most of the time not - there would always be reasons why they never had any money etc etc...and you find yourself changing jobs every month or so and nothing is guranteed.

Although a massive eye opener and I never regretted a moment - I wouldnt do it again. Your body is just not meant to be punished like that - we think we have it bad here in the UK, think again we are actually very lucky.

Also, its hard for a Turkish person to get employment, so if there was any jobs going they would probably have first refusal.

+Quote Post

Aynur
post Apr 18 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,227
Country

@ i heartgumbet, there is some jobs listed in google you might be interested, try searching for summer jobs in turkey, also don't know about working law realy but i dont see any reason why you cant find ways around it, i have seen so many brits working in turkey, anyways all the best will look around for more jobs for you guys and post here when i find links suitable, i love this forum its so full of amazing information and community. Thank you bodrumforum for a great community.

--------------------
Kind Regards,
Aynur Khan (Customer Service Representative)
Turkish Job Centre
Email: aynur@turkishjobcentre.co.uk
Web: www.turkishjobcentre.co.ukk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

IPB Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:47 AM IPB